Exotic Vapors - Kahlua & Cream

Kahlua is known as "The Spirit of Veracruz." Veracruz is a Mexican state known for its agricultural crops and its people. Both premium 100% Arabica coffee and sugarcane, two key ingredients in Kahlua, are grown here.

Kahlua was originally formulated in 1936 and has since become the number one selling rum and coffee liqueur in the world.  The coffee component is shade grown hand hand picked in Veracruz. The red coffee cherries are pulped and processed in order to extract the coffee beans. The beans are then air dried and the husk removed. The dried coffee is then aged in a burlap sack for at least six months before the beans are roasted.

The sugarcane component is also grown in Veracruz. The stalks are crushed and the extracted juice is collected and boiled into a molasses. Yeast and water are added and the mix is left to ferment. Once the sugar is converted to alcohol, the spirit is distilled until it reaches the required proof and then it is stored in barrels. Seven years later the coffee and sugarcane end up in the Kahlua distillery.  The coffee is roasted and then ground in order to extract the flavor. It is then combined with the sugarcane spirit, vanilla and caramel. It is left to sit for eight weeks and then is filtered and bottled. 

I got excited when I saw Kahlua & Cream on Exotic Vapor's menu.  I have been a Kahlua fanatic my whole life.  My father used to treat us to a Kahlua Supreme on Christmas Eve.  Once I made it to legal drinking age, I alternated between Black Russians and Kahlua & Cream.  I also experimented with other recipes.  I just love the stuff.

I ordered a sample bottle and let it steep for about two months. It's a dark liquid so I decided to test it out in a CE4 clearomizer as I didn't want to gunk up a good coil.  It tasted awful. What a let down. I waited until my I-atty tank was empty.  I refilled it with Kahlua & Cream.  What a difference.  This is nice. At eight watts on a Vamo the flavor really starts coming through for me. I feel like I am trying to drink it as I vape it. This is definitely a creamy vape. I'm not getting much in the way of alcohol flavoring, but everything else seems just right.




No comments:

Post a Comment