Exotic Vapors - Cowboy Blend


The sun is rising, coffee is made, all of my batteries are charged.  What do I want to try this morning?  I reach into my sample bag and start pulling liquids out.  I'm thinking tobacco.  I want a tobacco flavored vape with my coffee.  Here we go, "Cowboy."  I used to smoke those cowboy cigarettes.

I can see this is going to be one of those days.  The cap is not on the bottle right.  It is cross threaded.  I can't get it off.  You would think I would just forget about it for now and choose one of several other tobaccos in the collection.  Nope.  I go off in search of channel locks.  Channel locks vs a 5 ml plastic bottle, you can guess who won.

cowboy
I fill my tank and give it time to soak the wick.  My first impression is that it tastes more like a Marlboro Light than a Marlboro Red.  I've always thought that Marlboro Lights taste perfume-y.  I never liked them for that reason.  This liquid seems to have that same perfume-y quality.  The description on the website connects this liquid to Marlboro Reds, "This flavor was designed to represent a favorite American smoke.  What distinguishes the taste of others like "Cowboy" is primarily the intensity of taste.  Similar to Mar Red."

I smoked Marlboro reds for a very long time and I just don't agree. First of all, this is a tobacco flavored juice, not a naturally extracted tobacco juice.  I am not picking up a tobacco taste, only this perfume like flavor.  It may need to steep longer, but I have a feeling this Cowboy is a really a Cowboy light.

I will let this one steep a few more weeks and give it another shot.  They say that tobacco flavors need to steep longer than other juices.  At this point, its ok if you like Marlboro Lights.  If you are looking for a Red substitute, I don't think this is it.

Update:  After steeping about a month, I loaded up another tank.  It still had that perfume smell.  I started vaping it and wow, it is good!  A lot better than I was expecting it to be.  I still don't think it tastes like red, but it is spot on for a Marlboro Light.  I like it and am going to be ordering more. BTW, its a little sweet and although it smells perfumy in the bottle, I don't taste the perfume anymore.

Note:  Exotic Vapors have changed their name to Bootleg Vapors in order to patent and trademark their flavors.


No comments:

Post a Comment