Exotic Vapors - Cuban Special

A cigar is a tightly rolled bundle of dried and fermented tobacco.  The tobacco leaves are harvested and aged using a process that combines the use of heat and shade to reduce sugar and water content withoutcausing the leaves to rot. The first part of this process is called curing and takes between 25 and 45 days depending on the environment in which the process is carried out.  The flavor and aroma of the tobacco are brought out during the second phase of the process which is called fermentation. Once the tobacco leaves have aged properly, they are sorted for use as filler or wrapper based upon their appearance and overall quality.

Cuban cigar tobacco
photo by Wouter van Emmerik


Cuban cigars are illegal in the U.S. so we have to assume that Exotic Vapors used Cuban cigar flavoring to make their Cuban Special.  So, how does it taste?

Exotic Vapors describes their Cuban Special liquid as "a blend of fine Cigar Tobacco with a hint of Maraschino Cherry."

I don't taste cherry, I taste green olives?   Seriously, that was what I was getting from it, green olives.  I put it away awhile and tried it again a few days later.  Eventually I got it.  I taste green olives as I inhale and a subtle hint of Maraschino Cherry as I exhale, as long as I exhale slowly.

In all fairness, I am not a cigar smoker and I have never smoked a Cuban cigar. I think that green olive I am tasting is really cigar tobacco, or at least cigar tobacco flavoring.  I am trying to think back to when I did try a puff or two on a cigar and I think it may have tasted similar to this.

I am obviously not someone who should be doing a review on a Cuban cigar juice.  I can tell you this however, this juice has a strong flavor that really stands out.  There is a good chance that this liquid might satisfy cigar smokers.  And, possibly people who like green olives as well.

Note:  Exotic Vapors have changed their name to Bootleg Vapors in order to patent and trademark their flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment