Mini VV Manual USB Pass Through Device



Mini USB passthrough device
This is an interesting device.  I was frustrated with my batteries.  Although my usb charger worked, it did not work right.  It came in a starter kit with a battery and clearomizer.  No matter how long I kept it plugged in, I am talking like 24 hours, the LED never turned green.  I bought a second battery and it was the same thing.  If I kept either battery on the charger, it would charge, I just never knew at what point it was fully charged.  This led to situations where I found myself with two dead batteries at the same time.  I decided it was time to upgrade from 650 mAh to 1100 mAh as the 650s didn't seem to go very far.

This of course meant trying to decide if I wanted a VV battery like the Twist or the Spinner, or if wanted to stick with a constant voltage battery.  I even looked at other high end options like the ProVari and everything in between.  I decided I really didn't want to invest a lot of money in anything at this point as there are so many options and I need more time to research and investigate.  Having made that decision, I headed to E-Bay to pick up a standard eGo 1100 mAh to get me through until I decide what I really want.

While I was there (E-Bay),  I happened upon a "Mini VV Manual Pass Through Device.  This is not a usb pass through battery.  There is no battery involved. Unlike the Twist, Spinner, ProVari etc etc, this device is limited as far as being a variable voltage device.  It has four settings: 3.0v, 3.6v, 4.2v and 4.8v.  The LED changes color when you change the voltage.

Well, at least that is supposed to be how it works.  I plugged it and it works fine as far as allowing me to vape.  The problem is, I can't figure out how to change the voltage.  The LED is glowing blue (3.0v).  The instructions say to press the button to cycle through the voltages, then plug it in.  Well, hmmm, if its not plugged in, the LED is clear and colorless as there is no power.  And if you press the button and cycle through, how would the control pcb detect the change being that there is nothing to power it?  This stuff can drive you mad!

Obviously the device needs to be plugged in to change the voltage.  I tried it that way.  Pressing the button fires up the coil, like it should.  I try two quick presses.  Still blue.  Three quick presses, still blue.  Four and then five.  That is it!  Press the button five times in succession and the voltage and LED color change!  Now, why couldn't they write that on the instructions????

What a cool little device!!!!  I love it!



No comments:

Post a Comment