Mt Baker - Hawk Sauce

Hawk Sauce is one of Mt Baker's signature flavors. The discription on their website reads, "Hawk Sauce. A slightly Sour Berry, hint of menthol and Fruit Mix with Inspirations Drawn from the Pacific North West."


Mt Baker Hawk Sauce e-liquid
I didn't even bother trying this out in a CE4 clearomizer first as I have found that the few Mt Baker juices I have tried in the past don't taste very good in plastic.  I put this juice in a Kanger Pro Tank 2 and screwed it onto a Vamo 2. The first draw seemed a little perfumey.  I started increasing the wattage and although the perfume taste quickly dissipated, all I got was a slight watermelon flavor. I don't think watermelon is one of the flavor ingredients, but that is what it reminds me of - a flavorless watermelon rind. I pick up a very subtle hint of mint, but like the elusive sour berry and mixed fruit flavors, it is almost non-existent except as a pleasant after taste. Overall, the word "flat" comes to mind.  I regret filling the tank up with this juice as now I have to dump it out as I have more interesting and flavorful juices to vape. 

On the plus side, Hawk Sauce does produce a lot of vapor.  Don't expect much in the way of a throat hit however. 


I put this aside awhile and decided to give it another try. I now find that the more I vape it, the more prominent the mint flavoring becomes.  I may even detect a very subtle hint of berry flavoring, though I am not sure.  I have to admit, it is growing on me. It's as though it is suddenly coming alive.  I am glad I held off on dumping it out. 


After vaping Hawk Sauce for several days, I've found that the flavor has really come alive and I have grown to like it.  The mint is still the predominent flavor, but the sour berry and fruity flavorings are now adequately detectable. It is both tart and very sweet at the same time. There are at lease 29 edible berries that grow in the Pacific Northwest. Which do they use?  You tell me.





1 comment:

  1. Hawk Sauce is best steeped a week or two. A lot of their juices take time to develop properly. They make them and ship so fast that they get no steep time before you receive them.

    ReplyDelete