Bootleg Vapors - Spiked Egg Nog

It's that Eggnog time of the year.  Once the holidays are over, everyone will be forgetting about this type of flavor until next year.  So, once again, I am reviewing an e-juice without steeping it first.

Spiked EggnogEggnog is a sweetened dairy based beverage that is made with milk or cream, sugar, and whipped eggs. It is often topped with cinnamon, nutmeg or pumpkin spice, and is often laced with rum, whiskey, vodka or brandy. Eggnog is very popular in the U.S. and Canada and is usually associated with Christmas.

It is said that eggnog was popular among the aristocracy in Britain who mixed it with brandy, Madeira or sherry. Brandy and wine were both heavily taxed in the English colonies during the 18th century, so colonists mixed it with rum from the Caribbean. In 1800, Isaac Weld published a book titled Travels Through the States of North America and the Provinces of Upper and Lower Canada, during the years 1795, 1796 and 1797. In it, Weld writes, "The American travellers, before they pursued their journey, took a hearty draught each, according to custom, of egg-nog, a mixture composed of new milk, eggs, rum, and sugar, beat up together..." Rum became scarce during the American Revolution, so whiskey was often used in its place.

I have both a bottle of Eggnog e-juice and a bottle of Spiked Egg Nog e-juice from Bootleg Vapors. I've had the plain Eggnog e-juice for quite awhile. I let it steep, tried it, and really wasn't sure what I thought about it, so I put it aside. According to my notes, I thought it was "creamy and sweet, but maybe a tad bit too sweet." The Spiked Egg Nog e-juice arrived in the mail yesterday afternoon.  It has not had time to steep, but right off the bat I felt it tastes more interesting than Eggnog alone.

Both of these e-liquids are creamy and sweet.  What sets the two options apart is that the Spiked Egg Nog is just that, spiked with rum flavoring and spices.  I think I detect cinnamon and nutmeg, though it may be nutmeg alone.  In any case, the "spikiness" makes the Spiked Egg Nog the hands down winner when it comes to flavor.


No comments:

Post a Comment