Bootleg Vapors - Bootleg Red

I had no idea what to expect when I filled my tank with Bootleg Red.  I was guessing it might be some kind of cinnamon flavor liquid.  I was so wrong.  It is a tobacco blend.  No fancy fruits or spices here, but rather a straight up tobacco flavor.

Zwei zigaretten
Geierunited
Bootleg Red is smooth and mild. There is no mistaking it as anything other than tobacco.  Being that they are using the word "Red" in the name, I am guessing it's their rendition of Marlboro Red, but that is an assumption, not a fact. In the past, we reviewed "Cowboy" when Bootleg Vapor was operating under the "Exotic Vapors" name. "Cowboy" was described as a Marlboro Red flavor but we thought it was perfumy like a Marlboro Light.

Bootleg Red does not have that same perfumy quality. Looking at the product page, it is a brand new flavor designed to taste like a cigarette.  Bootleg Vapor does not mention any particular brand of cigarette.

I like it and think it tastes a lot better than some of the tobacco flavors I have tried in the past.  It seems like they are using a different flavoring agent, but I can't be too sure. It just seems that way. Bootleg Red tastes like a light cigarette rather than a full flavored one. This may or may not be related to the amount of time it has been steeping.  I find that Bootleg Vapor's juices tend to get better and better with age.  This one has been steeping about two weeks.  I am going to put it back in the steeping cabinet and try it again in a few weeks.  We will update you if it turns into a full flavored cigarette flavor.

Personally, I am hoping it does not develop into a more full flavored tobacco flavor.  When I smoked, I smoked light cigarettes and ultra-light cigarettes, so it's nice to find something that doesn't taste like a Camel non-filter, Pell Mell, Lucky Strike or a pipe or cigar for that matter.  It's nice to find a decent tasting tobacco flavor that is smooth, mild and more like a light cigarette than a full bodied one.

Oh, and one more thing, it produces quite a bit of vapor, adding to the overall "smoking" experience.





No comments:

Post a Comment