Fasttech Pre-Made Coils & Wicks!


There are two types of vapers when it comes to coils:  those who enjoy building their own coils and those who can't be bothered. Just about everyone who purchases a rebuildable atomizer learns how to make their own coils.  In addition, a lot of vapers simply want to save money and have learned how to rebuild their Kanger heads. 

Although coils are not that difficult to build, a lot of people can't be bothered. Some people think it's too time consuming, others think their fingers and hands are too big, others have poor eyesight, and others just aren't really interested. They just want to vape.

Personally, I learned how to make my own coils out of necessity.  I purchased a Patriot Clone, and had no choice.  I don't like building coils as I have never really liked working with my hands.  I don't like "tedious detailed work."  I am not one for "art and crafts." That said, I was very happy to discover that you can now buy pre-made coils and wicks.  I discovered this on E-Bay and then ordered some from Fasttech. 




Fasttech sells pre-made coils, with or without silica wick, in packs of ten or packs of fifty.  A pack of ten is less than $2.50, while a pack of fifty ranges from $2.30 to about eight dollars.  The price depends upon the wicking material and how many ohms the coil is. 

I bought a two packs of fifty 1.8 ohm coils to start. One pack with silica wick and one without any wick. It took awhile for my order to get here, which is to be expected when ordering directly from Fasttech. Once they arrived, I tried them out in my Patriot clone. The coils look well made and are easy to install. I started with a silica wick coil. It lasted over a week  (I am a heavy vapor). Once the wick was shot, I removed the entire coil thinking I needed to re-wick it. I was wrong. The coil was fried and disintegrated upon removal. No big deal, I have forty nine more. 

Next I tried a wickless coil.  I threaded a piece of cotton through it.  It was easy enough and although I have to replace the cotton at least once a day, the coil has been going strong for over a week now. It is easy to re-wick and the coil is likely to last several weeks.  

In both the case of the wickless and silica wick coils, they actually measure 1.3 ohms, not 1.8.  Keep in mind, I have only used two out one hundred, so I am not sure if this will always be the case.  I have a big bowl full of used Kanger coils. My plan is to bring them back to life using the bag of silica wick coils and save the wickless coils for my RBA and cotton. Although I learned how to rebuild my RBA, I have no desire to build coils for my dead Kanger coils, so this is a perfect solution.  If you want to do the same, I've included a video I found that shows you how.

No comments:

Post a Comment