Strix Elixirs - Butter Shot

In the past, we have reviewed two e-liquids from Strix Elixirs: Frozen Tundra and Black Honey Cream. Both were very flavorful and delicious.  When a bottle of Strix Elixir's Butter Shot arrived in last month's Zamplebox, we were excited and could not wait to try it.

Strix Elixirs - Butter Shot e-liquidAll of Strix Elixir's e-liquids come "pre-steeped."  They are supposed to be ready to vape as soon as you purchase a bottle.  Even though they do not require steeping, our bottle of Butter Shot was allowed to steep a few weeks as we have a lot of e-liquid to review.

One of my cohorts tried Butter Shot before I had a chance.  She wrote, "Just loaded up a tank with butter shots. Good, but awfully light on the flavor!"  About a week later, she wrote again saying, "Bleh, that butter shots started tasting like sweet cardboard after one small tank."

With those thoughts in mind, I decided to start out dripping Butter Shots rather than vaping it in a tank.  I spilled a little on my finger.  When I licked it off, it tasted like a fine, creamy butterscotch flavor. I had high hopes for it based upon this experience. Well....

I can hardly taste the butterscotch flavoring.  It is very mild and hardly get it at all.  I tried raising the wattage, still nothing in the way of flavor. I then tried it in my Kanger Protank2 on a Vamo.  The same thing. I found an old CE4 clearomizer that has never been used.  I thought I'd give that a shot.  I get plenty of vapor, but still nothing in the way of flavor. I don't even get "sweet cardboard." I've tried it with an eGo Twist, an MVP, a Vamo 2 and a Chi You clone.  I've tried everything I am capable of.  It's a disappointment as far as flavor goes. I'm hoping it's just a bad bottle, or should I say, two bad bottles?

I'll put it away and let it steep some more.  If it turns out to have flavor at some future date, I will update this review.



No comments:

Post a Comment