Vapor 4 Life - Dial-A-Volt Automatic Battery

The same day that my current set of batteries arrived in the mail, I discovered variable voltage batteries like the eGo Twist and the Vision Spinner at the local B&M.  Ugh, too late.  As cool as they are,  I decided I was not going to buy another battery until the four I have are close to death. I get tired of wasting money on stuff that I don't use. I don't want, or need, a large collection of spare batteries. Besides, I have a variable volt mini usb device and use it as my main device when I am home vaping in the house.

Well....

V4L Dial-A-Volt Battery
Vape mail!!!!  A nice package with a V4L 1100 mAh Dial-A-Volt Automatic Battery, a Vapor King Charger, a 3.5 ml dual coil tank and three  small 3.5 ml "Smileomizers."  Everything is color coordinated. The blue is a bit darker than in this photo.  It actually looks like a black/deep blue device. It's hard to explain but if you play with it under the light of a lamp, it looks black with blue in the middle. Buy one and play with it. You'll see what I am talking about.

This is a nice battery.  There is no need to press a button in order to fire up the atomizer.  You simply inhale and enjoy your vape. It is a great battery for those of you who think buttons are stupid and a pain in the butt.  Here you go, "Look ma, no hands!"  Yes, you can vape without using your hands if you like.  But if you are accustomed to pressing that button, and can't live without it, V4L has a manual version as well.

In addition, this battery eliminates the classic, "my battery doesn't work,"  newbie issue. You do not have to press the button five times to turn it on as there isn't a button.  No more returning to the store and complaining, only to have the the clerk click the button five times and hand it back to you.  No embarrassing moments like that here. Just pop on a "Smileomizer" or a tank full of liquid and vape.  It's that easy.

The battery itself is encased in a velvet touch shell and comes in a variety of colors and sizes.  You can get one in black, blue, magenta, green or "cigar".  The battery comes in four sizes: small (650 mAh), medium (900 mAh), large (1100 mAh) and extra large (1300 mAh). Just a reminder, the lower the mAh, the shorter the battery.  The higher the mAh, the longer the battery. You can typically get 6-8 hours of vaping out of a 650 mAh battery, 8-9 hours out of a 900 mAh battery, 9-11 hours out of an 1100 mAh battery and 10-12 hours out of a 1300 mAh battery depending on the frequency of your vaping. (ie: chain vaping may shorten the time between charges).

The Dial-A-Volt has a KR808D thread. It is designed to work with V4L Smileomizers and 808 threaded tanks and cartomizers. You can also buy 510 adapters and use this battery with your 510 threaded gear. The battery  is encased in a velvet touch shell casing with a silver dial at the bottom of the battery. This dial is clearly marked with 3.2v, 3.7v, 4.2v and 4.8v settings .  You are not limited to these settings.You can dial in the voltage that best appeals to your taste buds.

I have the "large" 1100 mAh Dial-A-Volt.  It is quite long with either a Smileomizer or a 3.5 ml tank attached. In spite of the length, it is easy to hold and surprisingly light. It feels very natural in my hand.

First impressions are everything.  The first thing I did was try this battery with a V4L 3.5 ml Smileomizer.  This was the first time I ever tried a "Smileomizer."  It was a very positive experience. I will get into the Smileomizer in detail in a future review.

The Dial-A-Volt coupled with a 3.5ml Smileomizer consistently produces a lot of vapor.  You don't have to prime it at all.   I got large clouds of vapor as soon as I started inhaling. On my usual eGo/Kanger Pro Mini 2 setup I have to inhale two or three times in succession to get the same effect.  At 4.2 v I am getting a good throat hit as well and I am vaping zero mg e-juice at the moment.

You can easily detect subtle differences in flavor as you adjust the voltage using the dial on the bottom of the battery. I set it on 3.3V to start and increased the voltage until it started tasting slightly burnt.  Then I backed back down, then up, then down again as I zeroed in on my sweet spot.  It was very easy to do and didn't take a lot of time.

Overall, the Dial-A-Volt appears to be a quality battery with some very nice features. If you are interested in learning more, click on the Vapor 4 Life banner ad at the bottom of this page, or in the side board on the right. . This will take you to the V4L site.  Once there click on "batteries" on the main menu.  You will find plenty of opinions and reviews.

The Dial-A-Volt comes with a one year warranty. You can't beat that!


Switch to Electronic Cigarettes

2 comments: