Mad Murdock's- Radiator Pluid

Mad Murdock's Radiator Pluid is one of the most sought out and popular e-liquids out there. So, what makes Pluid so special?  It took me awhile to find out as Pluid is not easy to come by. To date, I do not own my own bottle, but my friend Malakite treated me to some.

Radiator Pluid Murdock RumlPluid is one of the most potent e-juices you can buy. It has so much flavoring in it that it can be cut up to 50% with PG/VG and still taste great. Why would anybody cut it????  Well, you get twice as much and it still tastes good.

So what does this magical mystical e-liquid taste like?  Ouzo, it takes exactly like Ouzo.

While many people will tell you that Pluid tastes like Absinthe, and others will tell you it tastes like licorice, it tastes like Ouzo to me.  I lived in Spain in the past and we drank Ouzo all of the time.  The first time I vaped Pluid, memories of Ouzo came to mind. I never drank an ounce of Absinthe in my life, so I can only compare it to what I have experienced and know.

Ouzo is an anise-flavored alcoholic beverage that is widely consumed in Greece and Cyprus. Ouzo tastes a lot like absinthe, but is smoother as it doesn't contain wormwood. As a matter of fact, when absinthe fell out of favor in the early 20th century, ouzo was one of the products that helped fill the gap. Ouzo is made from alcohol, anise and other flavorings such as star anise, coriander, cloves and cinnamon.

Pluid is a deep day-glo green color, hence the name Radiator Pluid.  Yes, it looks like anti-freeze. No matter whether Pluid is an absinthe flavored e-liquid, or an Ouzo flavored e-liquid, there is no mistaking the anise component. Pluid is a very potent and intense anise based liquid.  It produces loads of vapor and a decent throat hit.

In addition to straight Pluid, you can also purchase "Cutter."  "Cutter" is basically Pluid without nicotine or coloring. "Cutter" is used by those who either want a lower mg version of Pluid, or those trying to stretch a dollar.

Murdock Ruml PluidSo what does Pluid taste like?  It does not taste anything like radiator fluid, I can tell you that much. Seriously, from the very first inhale to the last, Pluid tastes like anise, be it Absinthe, Ouzo, or some other anise based product.  It does not taste like licorice, black jelly beans and the like, even though some people will describe it as such.

Licorice and anise are similar in flavor but are not the same. Is the difference enough to make a big deal about it?  No, I don't think so. More people probably know what licorice tastes like than know what Ouzo or Absinthe tastes like. If you like licorice you may like Absinthe, Ouzo or Pluid.  If you hate licorice, you probably won't like any of these products.

Pluid is not simply a licorice flavored e-liquid, but rather a complex blend of flavors.  My guess is that it is made from wormwood, hyssop, fennel seed, mint, cloves, coriander, nutmeg and star anise. Rumor has it that one of the secret ingredients is a bit of naturally extracted 420 flavoring. I thought I tasted  a subtle hint of orange as well. In any case, this is a very complex e-liquid and there is no mistaking that it's predominant feature is flavor.  Pluid is the most potent and intense juice I have ever vaped. People say its highly addictive and I can understand why.

Like I said earlier, Pluid is very hard to get your hands on. There is only one vendor that is authorized to sell Mad Murdock's e-liquids. They usually go out of stock shortly after they are posted as being in stock. I'm hoping to try Mad Murdock's entire line of e-liquids someday. Get some, if you can!




1 comment: